Respect. Integrity. Courage. Experience.
Attorney Rainboth received his undergraduate degree cum laude from the University of New Hampshire in 1985 and in 1988 graduated cum laude from Suffolk University Law School in Boston. Attorney Rainboth was a judicial law clerk for the New Hampshire Superior Court for one year and then started his career at Wiggin & Nourie in Manchester, New Hampshire primarily representing insurance companies from 1989 to 1993. Attorney Rainboth then changed his practice to focus on representing individuals rather than corporations and he moved to Portsmouth, New Hampshire to co-found Coughlin & Rainboth in June, 1993. Attorney Rainboth has developed a busy trial practice representing individual clients throughout New England before State and Federal courts in New Hampshire and Maine in varied civil matters such as medical malpractice, premises liability, products liability, auto accidents, workers' compensation, wrongful death and other personal injury matters.
Attorney Rainboth has obtained several significant recoveries for his clients which have been in excess of one million dollars. In recent years, Attorney Rainboth has increased his involvement in medical malpractice cases and has successfully represented numerous injury victims of medical malpractice in a wide variety of serious injury and death cases. Attorney Rainboth previously represented the family of a co-pilot who died in the terrorist attack on September 11, 2001 on a pro bono basis and represented multiple victims of a Hepatitis C outbreak at a local hospital caused by a drug diverting employee. He is currently representing a half-dozen patients harmed by a pharmaceutical company criminally indicted for an illegal bribery kick-back scheme of physicians throughout the U.S.
Attorney Rainboth has been first or second chair in over 40 jury trials in the New Hampshire Superior Court. He has been lead plaintiff's counsel in seven medical malpractice cases that resulted in a jury verdict. He has represented hundreds of victims of medical malpractice and continues to represent people who have been severely injured and/or disabled in construction, premises and auto accidents.
- Suffolk University Law School, Boston, Massachusetts
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence - 1988
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Member, Moot Court Board
- University of New Hampshire, Durham, New Hampshire
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 1985
- Honors: cum laude
- Maine, 1994
- New Hampshire, 1988
- New Hampshire Superior Court, Judicial Law Clerk, 1988 to 1989
- New Hampshire Bar Association
- Maine State Bar Association, Member
- New Hampshire Trial Lawyers Association
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- Lead Case Attorney, September 11 Victim’s Compensation Fund
- President, Crossroads House, Board of Directors, 2005 to 2006
- Montessori School Board Member , 2015 to Present
Current Employment Position
- Best Lawyers in America, 2020 - Current
- September 11th Trial Lawyers Care Lead Counsel
- New England Super Lawyers (Medical Malpractice)