When A Nursing Home Becomes A Dangerous Place
When we investigate cases involving nursing home residents who have gotten hurt or fallen ill, we often uncover evidence of substandard care resulting from corporate greed and mismanagement. Our lawyers hold those entities accountable for injuries and losses such as the following:
- Bedsores and skin tears from patient neglect
- Infections such as sepsis caused by untreated pressure ulcers
- Undiagnosed or untreated medical conditions
- Medication errors, such as overmedication or delivery of wrong medications
- Injuries and emotional trauma from patients being manhandled or verbally abused by staff
- Illness and indignities associated with failure to keep residents clean
These and other problems come about when residents do not receive proper medical care and supervision.
The Story Behind Many Nursing Home Injuries
Large corporations that own hundreds of nursing homes run them as for-profit businesses. In the pursuit of profit, they often cut staff and neglect residents. Many insurers won’t cover these facilities because they are such high-risk. Such corporations may take it as a given that occasional lawsuits are just a cost of doing business.
Our lawyers, however, will not let injured clients fall between the cracks. If we take your case, it means we believe in it and we are ready to prepare a compelling claim for the compensation that you need and deserve.
Give Our Law Firm A Chance
At Rainboth, Murphy & Lown, our trial attorneys stand up for the rights of injured nursing home residents and their close family members. We practice in New Hampshire, Maine and Massachusetts. We are not afraid to go to court in pursuit of justice for our clients.